The ALPHA course encourages an exploration and discovery of the Christian faith in a relaxed and informal environment. Alpha is designed primarily for people who aren't churchgoers although each course is open to everyone who would like to attend.
People attend ALPHA for a variety of reasons - some want to investigate whether God exists whilst others are concerned about what happens after death. Some people have particular questions that they would like to discuss or would like to explore what the purpose of life is.
Many of the people who attend ALPHA have never been to church, others may have attended church occasionally but feel they have never really understood the basics of the Christian faith.
Whatever your reason for attending, you will be made very welcome.
- Week 1 Introduction - Is there more to life than this?
- Week 2 Who is Jesus?
- Week 3 Why did Jesus die?
- Week 4 How can I be sure of my faith?
- Week 5 Why and how do I pray?
- Week 6 Why and how should I read the bible?
- Week 7 How does God guide us?
- Day Away: Who is the Holy Spirit? What does the Holy Spirit do? How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit?
- Week 8 How can I resist evil?
- Week 9 Why and how we should tell others?
- Week 10 Does God heal today?
- Week 11 What about the church?
- Week 12 How can I make the most of the rest of my life? [The course may alternatively be run over 11 weeks with a weekend away instead of only a day, in which case this session will be included in the weekend]
For more information or to register your interest in attending the next course please contact us